It's easy to see why some 4,000 boaters stop at Tidewater Yacht Marina each year.
Located at Mile Marker "0" on the Intracoastal Waterway, Tidewater Yacht Marina is conveniently centered midway between New York and Florida.
Because we are surrounded by an area where life centers around the waterfront, Tidewater Yacht is a boaters paradise. Across the river is Norfolk Ship Building and Dry Dock as well as Waterside Festival Marketplace. Not far away is the Navy Yard and Norfolk Naval Base. A working harbor and pleasure boaters are a common sight.
There is more to Tidewater Yacht Marina than meets the eye.
There are people behind the marina that make it special. Gordon and Kay Shelton have great pride in their family-owned marina. Since it's purchase in 1978, they've made improvements and expansions, and have become Virginia's largest and most recognized marina facility.
|Owners Gordon and Kay Shelton|
Tidewater Yacht Marina has strived to be one of the best marinas on the East Coast.
We haven’t done anything for awards and recognition, rather for the thousands of people who visit us each year and those we see every day.
In doing so we have received honors we are quite proud of.
- Voted BEST OF THE BAY - MARINA FOR ENTIRE SEASON
- Chesapeake Bay Magazine
- Inclusion in the NATIONAL MARITIME INDEX
- Named ONE OF THE TOP MARINAS IN THE UNITED STATES
- the International Marina Institute
- MARINA OF THE MONTH award
- presented by the National Marina Trades Association
- MARINA OF CHOICE for Club Rendezvous
- Hampton Roads Yacht Club, Richmond Power Boat Association, Virginia Yacht Club, Hatteras 1510 Club, Monk Owner's Association, Marine Trawler Owners Association and the Seaford Yacht Club.
We have been featured in such renowned publications as Chesapeake Bay Magazine, Boat and Motor Dealer, and of course, Boating Magazine. But we’re not resting on our laurels.
We will continue to strive to the very best we can, not only for us, but for you.
Tidewater Yacht MarinaFax: (757) 393-7845
10 Crawford Parkway
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Phone : (757) 393-2525
Toll Free (US Only) : (888) 390-0080
We monitor VHF Channels 16/68